I have so many thoughts I want to share about spiritual impressions, answers to prayers and tender mercies of the Lord.
I know without a shadow of doubt that Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of my needs. I am one imperfect human with so much need and room for growth. Moving to Utah was a trial for me...not the biggest one that I've been thru, but still not easy. I mean what trial is? It has tested my faith, but has helped me to realize that it's so important for me to put forth more and more effort to be better and obediant. Not only that, but it was a test of rememberance...which is where the title of this blog comes from. How easy it is for me to forget the blessings the Lord has provided me with throughout my life. To let Satan's blinders remain with me and to go about each day with a narrow point of view. Forgetting the many many blessings and miracles that the Lord has seen fit to bestow upon me. I have not alluded too much in my previous posts as to how much I have struggled over the last several weeks, but I have or moreso ...I did. :-)
I wish I could say even a percentage of what is in my heart about the spiritual growth I have gone through since I've been here. Even just in the last week. I know I would not have been able to see the blessings I have been lately had it not been for some effort on my part. For my willingness to rededicate or recommitt myself to the gospel. As soon as I was able to do that, Heavenly Father blessed me with a job almost immediately. This experience wasn't about humbling myself so that I could get a job, but it was about being a better disciple of Christ and allowing room to grow in righteousness. Letting go of my will and letting His will be done. Remembering His ever constant blessings in my life and keeping an eternal perspective always. Never being discouraged or losing hope despite my trials and afflictions.
I doubted so many times if moving to Utah was what I was supposed to be doing because my plans seemed to be falling through. Well, now I'm absolutely sure this is where I needed to be to receive the growth that I have. And I am so grateful for the experiences and struggles I've had that have helped me to see what I need to change about myself and what I need to improve on. I have become more aware of ways that I can improve and prepare myself to be married someday. I'm finally back to being excited again about life. Yay!
I LOVE music! I'm sure people hear me say this all the time, but truly I do. I feel such a connection to music and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with some talent concerning music. It is truly one of the biggest and greatest influences in my life. My heart has been softened through hymns and inspiring music. It has answered prayers and has helped me to see where I can improve in my life. I can't wait to see the Lord again and sing praises to Him. I LOVE the Lord. In Him my soul delights.
God is good. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth. I would not be the person I am today without it. Not even close. I am so grateful for the priesthood. For the love, devotion and service from our loving prophet Thomas S Monson. I am so blessed to live in these last days and to stand as a witness of God in all times and all things and in all places. My soul delights in all that is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment