Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It has been far too long since I've posted anything. Where do I begin?

Since I'm at work filling in for the receptionist's lunch break I will begin there. Work is going really well. I feel blessed to work really close to my condo and to have made great friends. There are lots of prizes and incentives the company gives away and it promotes such a sense of dedication and team work. I am always super super busy. There literally is never any down time. I have goals and deadlines to meet. I like that because it pushes me to not only work hard, but to push myself to go above and beyond what's asked of me. There is opportunity to grow with the company and I really like that idea.

My old roommates moved out a couple of weeks ago and the new one's moved in the end of last week. I will miss my old roommates, but I'm excited to get to know more girls. The management company for my current place of living is HORRIBLE! I have never dealt with such incompetent people. The list for their errors is to long to dispel here, but I can't wait to move somewhere else by the end of the year. There are a lot of new additions to our ward so it'll take a couple of weeks to get into the swing of things, but I'm excited to be involved. I hope I actually get a calling this term. I felt a little neglected this summer because the Bishop didn't ask to meet me once or take the time to get to know me at all. It was hard coming from such a loving home ward and YSA ward back home with Bishops that cared about me and made sure I was taken care of to one that doesn't even remember my name. And it wasn't like we had a huge ward...it was about 60 people. But I decided that if I don't have a calling in the next couple of weeks I'm going to march right up to him and ask that he give me a calling. There is no reason why I shouldn't have one. I need a calling.

I had a really good Labor day weekend. Full of awesomeness. I spent a lot of time with James before school starts. *gasp* James?! Yeah, that's still going on. It's pretty much also awesome! We tried to jam pack as much quality time before school started. I went to my first BYU football game. BYU won! It was a loooong game! 4 hours!! I wanted to leave by the third quarter and we were already leading by a good margin, but I felt I needed to stay to the end. Especially, since it was my first BYU game.

It's hard not to feel a little sad that everyone's off to school and I'm not. I wish that there was a community college in Provo or Orem that I could dance at, but there isn't. The closest one is in South Jordan and that's too long of a commute. Life throws me some interesting cards, but I trust it's for a good reason. I feel a lot better about myself and the direction my life is going even though it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Which I know means...I'm doing the right thing. I definitely feel less anxious and stressed when I was trying to do things my way. I'm excited to see how the rest of the year turns out and hope that I will always strive to be in tune with the spirit and following the Lord's will for me and not my own.

3 comments:

shalee said...

Ia ma so glad everything is going so well for you. I am sorry that I am such a slacker and haven't emailed you back but I wanted to let you know that I posted about my pregnancy for you. Hope you enjoy. bye-bye for now.

The Gage Cage said...

I read this a long time ago and I have no idea why I didn't comment. Hope things are still going good in Utah. I'll be checking up on you via the internet.

Dallin said...

Good job. I like your blog. And I'm touched that I'm on your list of awesome people.