There's just so much to plan and think about. I just want it to be over with already. One month down, two more to go.
Here's what I have done so far or at least what's in the process...
Color scheme - Check. (midnight blue, turquoise/aqua (more blue than green), and accents of lime green and white. Some pink flowers will be thrown in there too for a feminine touch.
Dress - Check. I got a great deal on my dress and I look fabulous in it!
Floral arrangements - Check. James' sister Emily has graciously offered to do our flowers. I'm so excited to see her ideas come to life. They sound great! Here's a little idea of what the center pieces are going to look like.
Instead of the flowers in the picture, we are going to probably do pink Gerber daisies. Daisies are going to be the main flower that we're using. And instead of the green ribbon on the inside, Emily was thinking about doing a wide dark blue ribbon with a smaller turquoise ribbon and a really skinny lime green ribbon on the outside of the vase. It will be layered on top of each other. I think it's going to look great! A good mix between serene, peaceful, and happy and fun. I love it!Cake - Check. We are actually doing a little 8 inch round cake that's going to go on top of the 3 tier cake platter and on the other platters and around the table, we're going to do a bunch of cupcakes. Sort of like this, but in our colors. I think it's simple, but cute.
Bridesmaids Outfits - Check. I just got the bridesmaids tops in the mail yesterday and one of my bridesmaids, Stacee, is making the skirts for the girls. Stacee is such a gem! I owe her soo much for her time, talent, support and best of all friendship. Love ya Stac!!Engagement Pictures - Almost Check. We are taking them this Saturday. A gal I work with is also a photographer and she has offered to do our engagements and bridals for free. What a dear!
Ties for the men - Almost Check. After a whole afternoon of looking for just ties, Emily and I finally found one at JC Penny's that we both loved. Unfortunately, there were only 3 of them and we wanted 5. Emily is going to check out another JC Penny's to see if they have them. If not, we will have the groomsman wear them and possibly have James wear a solid color tie. I dunno, or maybe we'll just keep looking, but they were perfect! WAH!!!!
We have started to assemble the list of people to invite. We are going to try and send half of our invitations via email since a lot of people are avid internet users. It would save us a ton of money. Call me cheap, but I'm cutting corners in every way possible and it's not like my family is helping to pay for any of it. Not to undermine the help of James's family. I appreciate it very very very very very much! :-)
I'm sure there is more wedding stuff I could talk about, but I'm going to leave it at that.
Lovies!!
3 comments:
I think you're pretty awesome atoo!
yay, movin right along on the planning! go you! if i could help you out in any way, please let me know! miss you!
Cut corners where ever you can! You don't want to start out already being in debt. As long as you two look pretty for your pictures, nothing else matters:)!
Post a Comment