Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Funny How Things Change With Circumstances

A while ago I went on a very personal rant about marriage and my little discoveries with it. Things have gotten tons better I assure you, but I'm still not able to do some of the things I love. However, it doesn't bother me as much as it did a few months ago. I know a big part of that has to do with the fact that I am pregnant and my thoughts are constantly consumed with my babies well being and just the plain ol' excitement of getting ready for her arrival. I do not feel cheated of my personal time and I hope I didn't give off that impression just now. I am happy to have my thoughts consumed by something so eternal and wonderful as having a child of my own. I'm getting anxious for her to come everyday. I wish I was farther along so i could welcome her into this world by the beginning of January. I'm looking forward to seeing her grow and develop into a beautiful woman someday. I'm excited to witness every milestone in her development. To see her smile for the first time out of genuinity and to hear her laugh. I've always known that my greatest joy in life would be motherhood and I am grateful that I am able to already feel so connected to my baby girl before she has yet to be born.

As far as the James and I department, things couldn't be any better. I love being married to that man. He is such a strength and support to me in every way. He has been patient and self-less during this time of our lives. I have not had the easiest pregnancy and he has been there for me every step of the way. I am so grateful to have someone who is a constant in my life now. I've never known what that felt like to be able to truly count on someone to always be there for me. I've grown to love him being around all the time now because I've been able to recoginize how much of a blessing it is to have family that never leaves you. I used to feel like we were together too much because of how I grew up, but now I love having him around more and more. I look forward to when he comes home and anxiously watch the clock when he is late from a test or a study group. I love that he always greets me with a smile even on the days it was hard for me to muster a smile because of how sick I felt.

We just celebrated 6 months of marriage and I am looking forward to the next 6 months to complete our first year.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Isn't marriage so great! I'm excited for you to have that little baby!