Thursday, January 31, 2008

Title this what you want....

I have not left my house since Monday Night. It is now Thursday morning. I have the stomach flu which means I pretty much can't keep anything down or in. Well solid foods that is.... I have had about maybe 5 cups of chicken broth (and when I say a cup, I mean the actual measurement),a few pieces of carrots monday night before I realized what I had, a little bit of jello, and a few pieces of crackers. That's all I've eaten in 3 1/2 days. *UGH* I can feel my body losing weight that it shouldn't be losing in this way and I feel really weak. It's frustrating me that this is going on for a third day. I just want to be better. Normally the stomach flu hits me for two days at the max. If I'm not feeling significantly better by this evening then I think I'm going to have to go to the doctor for the first time in 7 years or so. I'll probably ask for a blessing first which is what I usually do and that does the trick for me everytime. I love the priesthood.



So I've been stuck to a couch or a bed because most of the time I can only sit up for about 15 minutes without feeling nauseous or light headed. It's been nice having shalee and Evelyn keep me company the past couple of days, but now they've gone out of town until tomorrow and I'm really not enjoying being by myself. The thing that gets me is that only one person has called to see if I'm ok and that person doesn't even live in the same state. I'm sure if he was here and I asked him to come over and keep me company for a while he would in a heart beat. Wait I take it back...one other person called me last night, but she didn't know i was sick she just wanted to see how I was doing. However, she had plans already and I don't like bothering people (it's the independent crude in me I guess) so I didn't ask her for any help. Point is... I can't help but feel unimportant that in the course from Monday to Today... only those two people thought to think of me and one of them was unaware of the fact that I was sick. So that brings me to my next thought...you're probably thinking to yourself...well most people don't know that you are sick so how are they supposed to know that you need something? Yes, i suppose you are right. And my answer to that is a sad one....that I wish to not share because it makes me really sad and I don't want to be. I really just need to feel like i have a friend that is intune with me and knows when I need something and I for them. It's times like these when I miss having a boyfriend because they just know when you need something...you don't have to ask. I suppose it is that way because you're so close to them for a time. I guess I'm not as close to some people as I thought. Oh, well.

No comments: