I went to the doctor this morning (finally...after a week and half of pain and limping) and good news; my foot isn't broken or even fractured. My heels bone (Calcaneous) is just bruised real badly. Man I must have some strong bones or something because this bruising might as well feel like a break it hurts! :-(
Sometimes I can deal with it and I think to myself..."hmm, I think it's getting better" and then an hour later; BAM! Shooting pain! I don't know about you, but I've never had a bruise anywhere on my body that hurt for more then 3 days. It's been 12!! 12 smoeijdidodalv days!! I'm a little bit frustrated can't you tell?
I've had to go to rehearsal and sit out and watch everyone dance. That's a big kick in the gut. I mean I know that this isn't permanent damage or anything (at least I hope it isn't) but it's no fun either way. Our cast for this spring show is already small as it is so to have one more person sit out is disheartening on us all. People are dropping like flies this semester and it has us all stressed out and overworking ourselves because there aren't enough dancers to go around. I really hope that another week of staying off of it as much as I can will allow it to heel quickly. I'm going to ask for a blessing. I'm not sure if that seems vain to ask for a blessing to heal my foot so that i can dance, but to not to dance for me is like telling me to never talk again. I would have such a hard time with that. Dancing is a stress reliever for me. Therapy for my soul. It makes me feel good and it allows me to feel connected to something deeper. For those of you who dance or love something passionately you understand what it's like to not be able to perform to the best of your ability or even not being able to perform at all. It stinks! However, I do believe that all well be well, but until then I just have to tough it out and find new things for me to do until I can dance. I can feel myself getting fat. A yucky feeling! I've gained 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I haven't been very active for the last two weeks. Scary stuff! Yeah yeah yeah you're probably thinking 6 pounds is nothing...well it's something to me, especially when I know it's not muscle wieght.
Ok enough of this....
No comments:
Post a Comment