Friday, February 15, 2008

It just keeps getting better and better

It feels so nice to be back to my old self again. Hello Self. I've missed you. Anxieties, stress, pressure, all of it, gone. I couldn't have done it on my own. That was practically the whole point of this hiccup in my life. Learning (even more) how to submit to Heavenly Father's will , His time-table and treating myself a little more kindly. I no longer feel overwhelmed, nor do I feel underwhelmed. Just excited about the future and all that it holds. Allowing myself to be content with the Lord's time-table has increased my trust and faith in Him. I believe what I am feeling is a thing we like to call PEACE. I'll bet there are invisible doves flying over my head. :-)

God is so good to me. I ask Him for opportunities to serve or for guidance to know where I am needed and He let's me know every day even in the smallest ways of what I could be doing to serve Him and my fellow brothers & sisters. I love it. My testimony of the scriptures continues to increase as I study them diligently & prayfully. The power and strength I receive from studying the Book of Mormon is incalculable. Having read it several times I am always amazed at how much I have yet to learn from this book. I love discovering new things and gaining a clearer perspective of the message that God is really trying to convey to me a long with the rest of His children (which is everybody...that's right you!) For the first time I'm keeping a scripture journal. I mean I sort of had one for seminary and institute classes, but never one for my own personal study. Why I didn't do it sooner.. I don't know, but I love it! Being able to reflect on what I just read and the quiet whisperings of the spirit and having them written down helps me to retain those moments and brings to my mind a sweet rememberance. I know it is something that will greatly benefit my life and my eternal progress. It already has and it's only been a month.

I am grateful, beyond words, of the Lord's tender mercies in my life. Every night for the past couple weeks when I lay my head down on my soft pillow and cover up with my warm blankets I feel so blessed to live such a priveleged life. There are people out there with far less then I have. How foolish of me to complain of what I don't have when the majority of the people in this world have much less. I am rich compared to them. I have shamefully taken even the smallest blessings for granted. His awareness of me and my needs fills me with sweet love.
This next line is going to sound really vague and some of you may get what I am talking about...sorry for the rest of you who don't.

Where I am at now in life is where (I know) God needed me to be before I would ever be ready to make a big commitment. Now that I am here I have learned to have patience and not try and rush things. Life truly is beautiful. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church here on the earth. The principles, teachings and commandments that have been set forth are truly inspired of God. Living them means having a happy eternal life. I know that the church is led by a true prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson. I love reading and hearing him speak as well as other general authorities. I look forward to every opportunity I have to study their words. I have found many answers to life's perplexing questions through their inspired words. Life is good as a Latter Day Saint...there is no one else I would rather be then who I am.

No comments: