Change is an interesting thing. We can change for the better or change for the worse. Usually we feel those changes coming and we know wether or not it's good or bad. But ever have one of those changes where you're not quite sure if it's a good or bad change?
My feelings on dating and relationships have been changing a lot in the past 6 months. (As if I'm not using the word 'change' enough). I feel less inclined to start a romantic relationship with someone then I have in the past. Not to say that I don't want one or don't long to be married one day because I do. I'm not bitter or afraid of commitment or anything self destructive like that...nor am I afraid to fall in love again and risk having my heart broken. If I've done it a few times before why not again? I'm stronger and wiser and I have more of an idea of what I want and what works for me. Perhaps that is why I am less inclined to get involved with just anybody or the first person who expresses an interest in me. It's not a bad thing to be picky I guess, but I fear being too picky and turning into someone who's looking for perfection. The feeling that has me a little perplexed on this issue is that I am starting to feel content being on my own and independent. It used to be something that I dreaded because I was forced to be independent; it wasn't a choice of mine. But now I love that about me and I believe it's one of my strongest traits. It's not necessarily a bad thing...actually come to think of it...it's a wonderful thing! HOLY MOLY... I JUST HAD AN "AH-HA" MOMENT.
Scratch all of that confusion I just had. This is exactly where I need to be. This is emotional territory/security that I have anxiously been wanting to be at for a long time. I can go on dates and be completely 100% myself now. At least that's what it's felt like with the last few guys I've been on dates with. Personal confidence and security in one's self is a great feeling. Sure I thought I would be married with a baby on the way by now, but you know what....that's ok. I had a hard time letting that one go for awhile, but I can honestly say that I'm past it now. I get married when I get married. Obviously, I wasn't ready yet. I would much rather be married when I'm ready....not rush into something as big of a commitment as that.
So here I am folks: A 22, Single, Latter Day Saint woman and I'm loving it. I have every confidence in the world that God will fulfill his promise to me as his daughter and I will be able to get married in the Temple someday and have a family. I don't know when or if it'll even be this year, but I'm just gonna keep on trucking.
Sorry if this post made absolutely no sense to you. It did to me and that's all that really matters.
PEACE
Quote of the day:
"Elder Neal A. Maxwell linked patience and faith together when hetaught: 'Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father.Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know whatis best--better than does God. Or, at least, we are assertingthat our timetable is better than His' ("Patience," Ensign,Oct. 1980, 28). "We can grow in faith only if we are willing towait patiently for God's purposes and pattern to unfold in our lives,on His timetable." (Robert C. Oaks, "The Power of Patience," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 16-17)
No comments:
Post a Comment