Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Slowly Moving Up in the World

What is it with my place of work and sudden changes? Man, sometimes I think they are on riddilin at times because they just go go go! I moved back to HR and have a gigantic task ahead of myself slong with a fellow co-worker, Hayley. This should be an interesting two weeks that's for sure! Things are looking up...maybe not as fast as I want them to, but my hope and faith seem to be increasing and for that I am glad.

I knew that I needed more doses of spirituality so last week I decided to only listen to Sacred music or orchestrated soundtracks that invite the spirit into my life for at least two weeks. It's amazing to me how much music affects my life. It wasn't that I was listening to horrible and distasteful music, but it didn't necessarily focus on the savior and that is what I really need right now. I also added some clips of conference talks from this past conference onto my iPod and I listen to it at work. It makes such a tremendous difference in my spirituality and I'm so grateful to have access to such wonderful and inspiring talks.

For those of you who didn't know, I got called to serve in the Relief Society Presidency. I'm really excited for this opportunity to serve and know that this is exactly where I am needed and/or just what I need.

I think that's about it for now! :-)

2 comments:

ASHLEE GREEN said...

Wow. Relief Society Presidency. Welcome to the ranks sista! You'll do great.

Love you.

AngelaBeth said...

You know why they put sisters in the RS pres right?! ;) Hahaha! Good luck with the new calling. You are going to be amazing! :)