I really have no idea who really knows what, but for those of you I've told or for those of you who read my previous blog post and either commented or messaged me, I appreciate your love and support. It's possible there are some of you who haven't said anything to me, or don't know what to say and that's just fine. I keep waiting for that "one message" from a true blue mormon who borders on the bigotry side to tell me what a horrible mistake I am making, but so far I haven't seen one. I am grateful for that. Because what good does harassing someone into believing do?
Perhaps, there is someone who truly doesn't know what to do in this situation or what to say to me. Well, let me tell you what my confession means, and what it doesn't.
My confession means that I do not identify with the LDS church. It does not mean that I am lost or have no direction or purpose. It also doesn't mean that I plan on going off the deep end by becoming a chain smoker and alcoholic with a sleeve of tattoos. This was a very conscious choice for my spiritual well being. I am not running away from my problems, but rather facing them head on. I am choosing to really explore my spirituality. I am not opposed to talking to people about it; not in the slightest. So, don't be afraid to ask. I will even give you a starter line to break the ice: "I heard that you have decided to leave your religion in a quest for truth. How is everything going?"
I truly believe that if people can't be honest with each other, a friendship can never go beyond superficial and this probably comes at no shock, but I like to dig deep. Some times I get overwhelmed when 5 friends want to talk on the phone in the same week because friends that call me, know that I hate small chat and I like to be in the right mindset because we are bound to have a heart to heart. And those heart to hearts last a least an hour on the phone. It's just the way I roll. If heart to hearts scare you, well then I guess we will just stay acquaintances and that's really ok.Can't have 20 best friends. THAT would be overwhelming. ;)
I have been thinking about where to start with all of this. A couple of posts back, I said I wanted to get back into doing Bikram Yoga.Well, whattya know? There was a groupon for a month of unlimited Bikram Yoga at Brick Canvas. So I bought it. And I am doing the 30 day challenge. It's where you go at least 30 times in 30 days. I feel like this will be the perfect start to get my blood flowing, clear my mind, etc. I am starting tonight and I can't wait.
Bottom line: I am not lost and you don't have to be afraid to talk to me about what's going on in my life. What I don't want is to be preached to, but that doesn't mean I won't ask YOU questions about your faith and belief because I know that a person's belief system is a big part of who they are and tip-toeing around that is just ludicrous to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment