Friday, April 18, 2008

Official Chaos Begins in T Minus 1 Day.

I will be at the theatre this weekend for 16 hours. Yes, you read that right 16 hours....at the least. That's if we don't have to stay afterwards to clean up any pieces that aren't together yet. Then for approximately 45 hours all next week. *gasp* This has been a hard show to put on for many of us. The cast is small like I've mentioned before so that means a lot of us are dancing way more then we should because there aren't enough dancers to go around. I've never been this exhausted before a show opens. I'm usually feeling this way after the show is done which has me a little concerned.

I had another insomnia episode the night before last. I slept for 3 hours and woke up wide awake yet again and with an aching body that knows it didn't get adequate rest. Then the wheels in my head started turning. Blah. I laid there for an hour hoping that I would fall asleep, but then the baby started crying and I couldn't sleep. So I got up and took a shower and was awake until 5:30 (about two hours) when i decided I would try to lay down until I had to get up at 7 to get ready for work. It took about 20 minutes for me to fall asleep, but I finally did and slept until 7:15.

I knew that this sleeping pattern could not continue if I was going to be dancing like a maniac for the next week or so. I was already going to meet with a member of the Bishopric to renew my limited use temple recommend and felt that I should ask for a blessing. I'm so very glad that I did. I didn't really talk to Brother Christensen about all of the things that have been on my mind lately. I just told him I was having trouble sleeping and that i needed a blessing because my body needed all the rest it could get for the show. In my blessing I was advised to take the time to write down all of the things that are on my mind that need to be taken care of wether they be pressing or not and take it one step at a time and to live for each moment, but not be overwhelmed by what needs to be done. He also blessed me that I would sleep well tonight because of my faith in the Lord and His priesthood. And I did! I slept like a baby. I forgot to set my alarm to get up for work because once my head hit the pillow I fell asleep and that hasn't happened for some time. I slept for 8 hours and I didn't wake up once...at least I don't think I did. Luckily, I woke up just in time to get ready for work. I've said this before and I'll say it again, but the Gospel of Jesus Christ ROCKS!!

I'm so excited to be married some day in the temple to a worthy priesthood holder. I grew up without one in my home so I am very adament about my children having a father who holds the priesthood and blesses his family with it. I would go as far to say that the most attractive thing in a man is one who honors his priesthood and doesn't shirk his responsibilty.

Now if only such a man could find his way to my doorstep. hehehe :-)

3 comments:

michele said...

Thank goodness you recieved that blessing!

I'm doing well. Sorry to hear that you're not sleeping very well...I was like that for a while a couple of months ago...totally lame. How are you doing, besides? Are you excited for the show?

So you guys are coming over Thursday right?

michele said...

I'm so dumb...we're going to that! Haha. I need the time again, and the price.

michele said...

Thanks! We'll try to be there...I'll give Kristen a call.