They create tension, strife and just plain dumbness. For the most part, assuming something when you don't have all of the facts is just stupid. Yeah, I know...stupid is a harsh word, but that's the chance you take when you assume that someone is A)talking about you (when they really aren't) B) Assuming that you know someone when you haven't taken adequate time to get to know them or C) Assuming anything!!!
Can you see I've had problems with this? I've had relationships change majorly as a result of assumptions (and false ones at that). I love it when I can find a friend where there are no assumptions attached. These relationships I find to be the most honest and open relationships I have. Thank you to the few people I feel I have this relationship with. It's so much better to just get things out in the open and communicate your feelings. I do not disclude myself in this because I've been part of the problem. I'm hoping to learn from past mistakes and heart aches. I'm trying harder to be even more easy going and I hope that it shows in my actions and attitude. I don't think I can bear going through another departure of a loved one because we weren't able to communicate how we were feeling openly with no assumptions hiding and waiting to jump out and cause contention.
I'm human...I make mistakes just like the rest of us. I'm not always the perfect friend and I certainly don't always say the right thing....but really now...who does? And Gee Wilikers I really don't know where I am trying to go with this thing. Why am I writing this? I think it's because I miss certain people that I was once really close with. *sigh* I hate goodbyes....
No comments:
Post a Comment