I'm going back to school.
Cause School is so cool.
I've put it on hold for many different reasons.
But I'm going away after the summer season.
Ok enough of the lame poem....
No, but for serious...my life has been very plateau for a long time and things have been moving at a snail pace. I knew something needed to change. So I started weighing out my options a lot over the past 6 months. As some of you may know, one of the options was for me to serve a mission. After much consideration and prayer I feel that a mission is not in my immediate future, but of course I would love to go on one (or several) with my Hubby. I still attend Mission Prep class because I want to be more comfortable sharing the gospel with non members that I come in contact with and it just rules! I have not regretted preparing for a mission in any way. It has been very beneficial for my spiritual growth and has helped me strengthen relationships with friends. Missionaries rule!
What led me to the decision of going back to school? Well here it is in a nut shell....
Like I said I've been thinking about going back to school for several months. I looked into schools ranging from here in california, to Utah, to Minnesota and even to New York. I looked into costs and requested literature (blah blah blah) but the financial costs definitely paralyzed me. There were also other reasons for my procrastination, but those have all been taken care of. I promise it wasn't because I was being lazy. No, it was because I lacked the faith. But after having a few road blocks in my life that have since been cleared away I see no reason for me not to go to school. I went to Utah this past weekend for a few days and while I was there I decided it would be good for me to go to school there. That decision wasn't based on a particular person or persons...although I do enjoy the company of the friends I have in Utah. It was moreso a feeling that I had while I was there that it was the place I needed to be. The last time I went I did not have a pleasant experience, but we won't get into that. So when I was looking into schools after said experience I was very skeptical about going...to say the least. I didn't feel like I fit in, when in reality I just didn't fit in with the particular crowd I was around and I've grown and changed since then. Not to mention my relationship with what's his face was beginning to diminish. ick.
(wow, this is not a nutshell)
Anywhoo...the plan is for me to get all of my affairs in order here in Fresno and save up some extra money for the move. I'm hoping to leave by August. *crosses fingers & toes & eyeballs* I'm super excited and happy with this decision. So goodbye to Fresno in 4 months. I'm going after my dream.
4 comments:
Good job on following your dream!
PS
School is cool...dude
What school are you going to go to? Yay for school!!
Exciting! What school, what major? Awww I'm going to miss you! Let's make this the best four Fresno months EVER!
Wow, that's cool! Good for you, following dreams and whatnot. Which school?
Post a Comment