Tuesday, June 10, 2008

5 More Days!

I'm sorry this is all I can talk about, but the closer it gets to me leaving the more anxious I am. I'm really nervous, but still excited! I've been training the new receptionist and she and I have become instant friends. That's too bad she didn't work here when I was here. She's a great person to talk to and she's very encouragaing and finds ways to relate to me. I'm glad that I am leaving Quiring Corporation in good hands. I've been submitting resume after resume for the past month so that as soon as I get to Utah I can start working. A few weeks ago I received some responses, but everyone wanted me to start work earlier or asked if I would be willing to move sooner. Of course I said no. I figured I would have more luck this week since most people posting for jobs are looking to fill the position fairly soon. I've had 3 calls this week. I've already had one phone interview this morning and I have another one this afternoon. Cross your fingers that I find a job that's just perfect for my situation.

On to this past weekend...boy was it busy! My good friends Paul Bausman and Christine Roach were married in the Fresno Temple on Saturday. I spent my Friday evening helping them set up for the reception and running around town with Christine to get last minute supplies. We were there from 6PM to almost 11PM. I was glad to be able to help them out. The reception was great and lots of fun! When us girls sat and brainstormed with Christine about how she would do the reception I came up with an idea, a new tradition so to speak that now all of us single girls will be doing at our receptions. You're just dying to know what it is aren't you? Well instead of doing the dreaded bouquet toss I came up with a different way to try and make as many single girls as possible feel special. The groom still does the garter toss, but after they are done the MC asks them to come up to the bride and take a single flower and give it to a single girl in the room and ask her to dance. Christine had a seperate bouquet for herself and a seperate bouquet for the girls. The bouquet that was used to pass out was about 20 Red roses each tied with a white ribbon on it. It was very pretty and it encouraged some people to dance. Of course as soon as the song was over all of the boys scattered to their corners. *ugh* men! When will they ever just have fun and dance? Really...is it that hard? So the dance floor mainly consisted of women and occasionally Craig because he's one of the rare men who actually enjoys dancing. Thanks Craig for putting a little bit of testerone into our artistic & expressive world. You're a blast!

Tomorrow is my last day here at Quiring and I shall miss it. I am sad to leave, but not sad enough to stick around. They are throwing me a small goodbye party. I feel so blessed to have worked for such an awesome company. It was a huge HUGE blessing in my life to be able to work somewhere where I was appreciated and respected as a person and an employee. I was paid according to my experience and not according to my age. It's annoying that some people think they can get away with paying me less because of my age, but they don't consider my job experience. I'm sorry but paying me barely above minimum wage when I have 4 years of Administrative experience is just ludacris! But Quiring wasn't like that at all...they looked at my experience and paid me an honorable wage and I appreciate people like them. Hopefully, I can find another awesome employee like Quiring.

One of these days I'm going to get a digital camera and I will post pictures galore....

1 comment:

michele said...

Thanks for hanging out with me tonight! It's always so much fun when you girls come over, and I'm SO going to miss you. That is such a good idea for the reception! I wish I would've done that, but I didn't even have dancing at my reception so nevermind, lol.

Anywho...you better keep posting!!

Much love,
Michele