And I bet you're itchin in your seat to with anticipation as to why. Well don't you fret because I'm going to tell you. No one can keep a great day such as this one a secret.
My day started out like any other day. I woke up at the sound of my alarm and pushed snooze about 2 or 3 times before I forced myself to get up out of bed at 7:30. I proceeded to make myself ready for the day and I continued packing. (The same thing I have been doing for the past several days). It was decided without asking me that my "caravan party" was going to be leaving Saturday early evening instead of early Sunday morning as previously discussed. So that put me in more of a time crunch. Now a girl can only do so much so I ended up having to call my friends to cancel our day trip to Hanford to eat at the Superior Dairy so that I could get in as much packing as I needed to. We decided that instead for taking a good 4 hour chunk out of my day we would meet at BJ's for lunch at Noon. Everyone seemed to be ok with this consensus and I myself was happy to be able to spend just a little bit of time with my peeps before I departed for the Utah valley. After all, some of them are like family.
Regina and I made plans for her to meet me at Circle Automotive Garage (John Carlson's Garage) because Bryan was going to do an oil tune up on my car. That way he could work on my car while I was at lunch. The plan was to meet there at 11:40, but Bryan called me at 11:00 and said he was just going to come by and pick up my car and leave me the shop truck. I thought that was very nice of him so I told Reg I didn't need a ride anymore. By the time it was getting close to 12 I decided I should probably head over to the restaurant when i get this car from Bryan telling me that he was at the garage with my car, but when he went to start it up again to pull it into one of the stalls he couldn't get the key to turn. Now my car has had this problem before, but usually with a little patience, some sweet talking and some jiggling I can get it to turn. I went down there to try, but by the time I got there his dad had taken the key to have a copy of it made to see if my key had just been worn out and wasn't clicking with the tumbling blocks. 45 minutes later...and yes i was missing lunch...he came back and all my prayer poured into it working. It didn't. John tried, Bryan tried, and even I who was so confident in my ability to get the key turn tried. No luck.
With it being a Saturday there wasn't much luck with a lot of places who would handle this type of thing being open. So lots of calls were placed. When they finally got a hold of someone most of them told them that they didn't have the parts for a Saturn or that they didn't know how to fix them. Finally, after much deliberation there was one guy who answered the phone absolutely confident in his ability. He would be down to the shop in about an hour and half. By this time I have already let me 3 minutes of crying out so Bryan and I decided. (After he and John weighed out other options and we pushed the car into the garage...yes I pushed) that we were going to back to my current place of living with the truck because i still had furniture that needed to be moved into Kristen's Garage. (joy, more labor) The original locksmith was taken far longer then anticipated so John ended up getting a hold of another one who said he would be there by 5:30 which was an hour and half away from that time, but didn't end up coming until a little after 6. Boy is patience a virtue and BOY DO I LOVE THOSE CARLSONS!! To make a long story...well I guess not really short, but shorter then the actual version...the guy was able to fix it. A couple of the tumbling blocks needed to be replaced and the key wasn't cut well so he made one that fit better. So everything is all good now. :-)
I was supposed to leave with a friend and his buddy like I previously stated, but they didn't want to wait and I really didn't know when the situation would right itself anyway. But luckily I was able to find someone else that's going up to Utah tomorrow so we are caravaning together. And the best part is we are only driving to Las Vegas for the first stretch and then spending the night at his aunt's house and then driving the rest of the way on monday. And thank goodness for that!! Because I don't think I could've driven tonight after what's happened. I'm exhausted!! It all worked out for the better and I see that now. When things first started going wrong (and I'm leaving out some details) I thought maybe it was a sign that maybe I shouldn't be moving. But then I decided I was going to fight for it and pray and try my best to be optimistic. If it wasn't meant to be then things just wouldn't work out in time, but they did and I feel good that I fought for it and didn't give in to doubt.
*sigh* it's been a long day!
Thank you so much to anyone who has helped me with this move and with my car. For your encouraging words and for giving up your plans and your day to relax to help a sister out. I really really really really really appreciate it!! MUCHO LOVE-O!!
1 comment:
So how's Utah? I'm glad you were able to make it all work out. Sounds like you have good people in your life that take care of you. I'm sure you would do the same for them. you are such a good girl and i love your attitude of choose to overcome the obstacles! With that attitude you can do anything!
Post a Comment