Oh my goodness it's coming up fast and there is still so much to do. It's really frustrating to be at work with hardly anything to do when I could be at home packing. (grrr) But hey at least I'm getting paid for it right?
Last weekend I went camping in Cambria right by the beach with Angela Cantido. We roughed it like a couple of guys by putting up a very complicated tent all by ourselves and we built a fire. We walked on the beach looking for unique rocks and enjoyed the ocean and a sunset. We cooked outside, made friends with a groundhog, and asked each other a million questions...no make that a billion. And we had some yummy icecream at a little shop in town and purchased delicious candies including Salt Water Taffy. It was very nice and relaxing. It was too bad no one else could come with us. But hopefully more will join us for my last hoorah in Fresno. I don't know too much about it, but apparantly we're going to take the train to Hanford in the morning and spend the afternoon there. Doing what I'm not sure, but we'll have a grand old time either way. :-)
The closer it gets to me actually leaving the sadder I am. It's hard for anyone to leave their comfort zone. When I left for Connecticut I had no problem saying goodbye. I probably skipped all the way to the plane. I guess I can pin it to the fact that at that time I wasn't comfortable in my own skin and didn't really feel a super close connection to anyone (except Miguel at the time) so moving across the country didn't really feel like a big sacrifice. I was very disappointed when I had to come home after a month. I didn't want to. Now I am comfortable in my skin. I like and love who I am and I have so many close friends it's hard to keep track of them all. I've found my niche with the community through music and dancing. To top it all off...I love where I live and who I live with. I don't think I've ever lived somewhere (other then the few months I stayed with the Lundquists) where I felt true peace. I love the Creeks and I love Ashlea. I love how comfortable I feel there. I love that we've never fought or had any disagreements or bitter feelings. It is truly a happy place filled with the spirit. I am sad to leave because it has felt more like home to me then any other place has. There will always be a special place in my heart for that place and the people that reside in it. And I will miss little Evelyn's smiling eyes and adorable grin.
It makes me feel better to know that I have a couple of close friends in Utah and that I'm furthuring my education. Not to mention expanding my horizons and meeting new people. I am not going there to find a husband... despite popular belief. I want to get married someday, but have somehow convinced myself that I'm not quite ready yet. I feel like I have a lot more to work on. 25 seems like a good age to get hitched.... :-p
I'm only partially kidding of course...if it happens it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't. Who am I to try and force something.
2 comments:
We are really going to miss you! We have never had a roommate that we enjoyed as much as you. Thank you for being so personable and for jumping in and making yourself at home, you truely feel like family and I know Evelyn is going to miss you a whole lot. This is a good move for you though and I am happy that you are taking a risk and going after your dreams in music. You will be great!
Jessica,
Good to hear from you! Krista Gage is apparently the hub around which all connections revolve. It sounds like you're headed to Utah! Not exactly happy about it? Don't worry, you'll have so much fun interacting with all the musical people there. Participating in the high quality of music being produced is something I really miss about college. And about the marriage thing--don't worry about what other people think. I didn't go there to get married either, but I knew it was probably going to happen. And it did (when I was 20-by the way), and I let it, and I am very happy. Stay close to the Church, listen to the Spirit, and don't be scared. Boy, did I go into Young Women leader mode or what?! Good luck!
Post a Comment