I made it! YAY! Sorry it's taking me so long to update my blog. I was busy for the first few days I was here and then the Internet provider we have for our apartment decided to be retarded and not work for over a week. But now it is so...YAY!
I've been here officially for 10 days and I'm enjoying myself. However, I do miss Fresno...especially my friends. I have made some friends while I have been here and my new roommates are great! I enjoy they're company which is a small blessing in itself. Let's see what else...I enjoy my ward even though they do church backwards here. That's something new, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in no time. I haven't really had the chance to get to know the Bishopric...they aren't really that involved with the ward which makes me sad. :-( It definitely makes my appreciation for the Heritage Ward Bishopric grow even more then it already has. My ward is smaller then the Heritage ward and that will take some getting used to, but the great thing is that everyone seems to be friends and that's something that was lacking back home. Maybe it was because there were too many people or maybe it's because here everyone lives right around the corner from each other. There's always something going on at least everyday if not every other day that gives me plenty of opportunities to make new friends and get to know my fellow ward members better. I love that all of my new friends are within walking distance. I filled my car up last Friday and I haven't even used a quarter of a tank yet. It's awesome!!!
I still have yet to find a job, but I have faith that I will find one soon. I actually have an interview tomorrow up in SLC so "wish me luck!" It's been hard to job search as diligently as I would've like to because of my Internet situation so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my Internet will hold on for a couple more days as I job search.
I was worried for a little while if moving here was the right thing, but now that I'm here I know it was the right decision and I'm glad I was able to go through with it. Thanks to everyone of you who encouraged me. Things have been unfolding a little differently then I was expecting or hoping for, but I like it better this way. :-) I hope all of you are well. I miss you and love you all!
2 comments:
YAY! I'm so glad that you finally posted a blog. I was thinking about it yesterday and was going to leave you a comment today telling you to post one but you beat me to it! I'm glad to hear that you are making lots of lovely friends. I, of course, want some more details, but I'm sure that you are quite the busy bee/social butterfly, and I'd much rather you have fun! Do keep updating this! Miss you but love you and am soooo glad you're enjoying yourself. :)
Good luck with the job search. Don't leave us hanging to long on how that goes. I'm glad you made it safe and you like your roommates! Live it up and enjoy the journey.
Post a Comment