Things haven't been unfolding as I've wanted them to since I've move to Utah. I'm having a harder time finding a job that fits my needs than I thought I would be and that has put a little damper on my mood. If there is something I ever hate doing it would be job searching. I've been doing a lot of thinking & praying about my situation and how I should choose to spend my time over the next several months. I moved to Utah with the main intention of going to school...however, I don't think that it's going to work for me at this time. I was afraid this was going to happen. I would like to return to school as soon as it is possible or if that's what Heavenly Father wants for me, but things aren't falling into place fast enough for me. I'm leaving out the boring details, but it's more than just not being able to find a job that suits my needs.
I fasted yesterday to be open to what Heavenly Father desires for me to do at this time. I've decided to look for a full-time job and put school off. If I find a good job soon and feel peace about that decision than I suppose that is what I am supposed to do. I don't doubt the impressions and spiritual promptings that led me here. This is where I need to be even though I do miss home. One of the most frustrating things about being unemployed is the amount of time I have to fill. One can only do so much job searching, reading, and excercising in one day. I love being busy! Really I do! I may end up dancing for SLCC while working full-time (just like I did back in Fresno). I like being active and I haven't been nearly as active as I would like.
Now for a quick little update on the "boy front." James and I had a great fourth of July Weekend. We went up to Thanksgiving Point with his brother Jared & his wife Lindsey. We tossed around a frisbee, played card games and watched the fireworks show. It was a great end to a long day. My roommates and I were in the Freedom Festival Parade. We volunteered to hold the ropes for the huge inflated balloons. We had UnderDog. Boy, is that more work than it looks like. We were pooped at the end. After the parade my roommates, James and I went to the Colonial Days exhibits and had ourselves a yummy snowcone. (We were craving one so bad!) Afterwards, we went swimming to cool off at Jared and Lindsey's apartment which is right across the street from me. James and I have fun together and I appreciate his ability to make me laugh and smile. He's one of the most easiest going and friendly people I know. It definitely helps me to come back down from my sometimes serious cloud. You're awesome possum James!
So back to the beginning of this blog...I still don't know exactly why I felt impressed to come here because of my setbacks, but I trust that with fervent prayer and excercising some faith I will find the path that Heavenly Father wishes me to pursue. I've given up my desires and wants and I am now looking for what Heavenly Father desires and wants for me. I'm sure what he has in store is far better than what I have in store for myself. I trust that His plan for me will lead to more happiness. :-)
2 comments:
Sounds like you're on quite an adventure. I will be praying for your progress. Trusting in Heavenly Father will never steer you wrong. Keep the faith sista!
You are so good Jessica! Even though things might not be going just how you think they should, you are trying your best and listening to the promptings from the Lord! You couldn't do anything more!! Good job hun =)
And our new apartment is AMAZING! I'm not moving again until we buy a house. It is that perfect!
Post a Comment