Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas is Coming

We finally got some good snow fall. Don't worry that I hit a patch of ice while coming home and slid and almost hit a car. But it wasn't on a busy street. Thank goodness for that. No cars or persons, small children or animals were hurt in the process. That ice is a sneaky, sneaky killer!

Here is the lovely view from my apartment. :-)


My friend Stacee was trying on ornaments from James' apt Christmas tree. I took some pics. I thought it was amusing. These "earrings" were my favorite.


So I'll be home for Christmas in T minus 9 Days. Sad that I can't afford to be gone longer than a week, but I'll be good to see everyone. I have so many people I want to catch up with. It hasn't felt much like Christmas yet. I'm sad that I didn't get to go on the traditional Christmas Tree Lane walk this year. That has always been a favorite of mine. I'm also sad that I don't get to participate in the annual white elephant gift exchange with friends. Another favorite. But what's worst of all, James leaves for Minnesota This coming Thursday and I won't seem him until January 4th or something. I'm so bummed!!

But the fact that it snowed makes it feel a little more Christmasy. People in Provo don't really decorate so the lights are scarce and i love to just drive around and see lights. So far, it pales in comparison with home.

Ok, now off to church.

1 comment:

AngelaBeth said...

OOoo! You're coming to Fresno? I can't wait!! We should walk the Clovis Christmas Tree Lane when you get home. They are doing the hayride tonight, and I have a final so I can't go! :( Love ya and miss ya! Be safe! :)