Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cold Too Soon!

Oh my word is it getting cold outside or what? Living in Fresno you usually always had time to prepare yourself...the cold came along slowly and it didn't really sneak up on you. Boy does it sneak up on you here. Last weekend during conference it rained ALL weekend!! I wanted so much to have a picnic with James inbetween sessions on Saturday, but that idea was thrown out the window. Don't get me wrong...I love the rain! I love waking up to the sound of raining trickling on my window in the middle of the night. Somehow it's the perfect thing to lull me back into a peaceful slumber. I tried having a picnic with James once before and it rained that day too! What is up with that!? Apparently, it snowed a little and the next day when the cloud cleared away from the mountains you could seen them capped with snow.

I stayed home from work today because of my sickies and didn't step outside until around 6 pm. It was nice and toasty warm inside. I didn't know what was to hit me once I walked outside for a few minutes. I dressed in some slacks, slip on shoes, a t-shirt and a thin jacket, thinking I needed nothing more to keep me warm. I wasn't cold at first because i just came from a warm apartment. I got in my car thinking nothing of the cold weather. Once I got to James Flag Football game I could feel it. I was freezing!! My poor toes and nose and fingers were like ice! It was like less than 40 degrees already outside. The temperature dropped about 20 + degrees in one day. Crazy!

It's set to rain and snow tomorrow with about an average of 35 degrees. I was kind of hoping this wasn't going to come so soon. Can't Mother Nature wait until November? I like the snow; don't get me wrong, but it's too soon. And BYU's homecoming game is tomorrow. I sort of want to go, but I also sort of don't want to be more sick than I already am. Grrr...

Today, I wanted a curl up on the couch buddy, but found myself without one. I really needed it today too. There are definitely some people I miss back home and wish I could do that with right now.

No comments: