Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Inspiration From a Stranger

There is so much I want to do with my talents and find it hard to be practical as the world sees fit. I am a creative soul...that's who I am and I can't deny it. I've been thinking a lot these past few days about just going for it and to stop worrying about what career choice will make me the most money. I don't care anymore, because I don't want to work a regular 9-5 job, stuck behind a desk. I just can't, it doesn't satisfy me the least bit. O

One positive thing I can take from my current "9-5" job is this description I came across on someone's graphic design portfolio that really inspired me. I review graphic designers portfolio's at work to see if they have the skill sets to be a freelancer for us. Here's what one designers honest, brief and simple description said...

"Not many people truly know what they should be doing with their lives. I believe I was meant to be creative....To me the mind of a creative person lives for sharing ideas in any form they may take. Those things are inspired by the small things of life and the appreciation of each day because it's one more chance to learn and expand myself. I believe that if we lose the desire of self-discovery then we've lost the point of what life is, and I never want to stop growing."

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks stranger. :-)

1 comment:

Candice said...

From one creative soul to another, I have to agree with everything you said. I love to write, and I do it every day. Being creative helps me recognize and appreciate the beauty in everyday life. Did you hear Pres. Uchtdorf's talk at the Relief Society Broadcast? It really inspired me to continue with my creative endevours. I'm glad to see you're enjoying Utah.