A few years ago, I compiled a list of 50 things you may not know about me. Well, I just read on the lovely Ashlee Green's blog a list of things about her. I thought it would be fun to do one myself. Apparently, this list is to be 100 things long. We'll see how far I get and than do the rest another time. FYI: the reason I'm doing this so late in the night is because I'm having an insomnia episode. I hate it when they come, but I might as well do something rather than lay in bed thinking about how much I hate the fact that my brain won't shut off and let me sleep.
In no particular order of importance....
1. I have random spells of insomnia :-p
2. I secretly long for adventure, but I'm too worry prone to actually make one happen.
3. I used to be deathly afraid of needles, but than learned one day that things really can be mind over matter, except for when it comes to spiders.
4. Some days I love my face and body other days...not so much.
5. Dancing is my number one preferred way of exercising
6. Wearing a head band gives me a headache and they almost never stay on my head.
7. I daydream far too often.
8. I could spend a whole summer day, with a cool breeze, laying in a hammock, sipping some strawberry lemonade and reading a good book.
9. As I read books, I play them like a movie in my head. If there is a character I can identify with, I imagine that I'm the one playing her in the movie.
10. I have crooked shoulder blades and they cause me more pain than I let on sometimes.
11. People who live double lives are not people I like to associate with.
12. When people I love and care about are either crying or hurting because someone has caused them pain, it makes me cry. I've always been a sensitive soul.
13. I miss having a loving and cuddly cat.
14. There are so many things I want to be when I "grow up" that it paralyzes me and I can't decide what I really want to invest my time and money into doing.
15. I'm jealous of certain people's straight teeth and smile
16. I'm glad I'm not married now, I wasn't ready then and the right guy hadn't come along; yet.
17. I know that my biggest joy and challenge in life would be motherhood and I'm so looking forward to it.
18. My nickname, Jessa, came from a 5 year old girl i used to nanny for. She was 2 at the time and she couldn't say my name perfectly yet.
19. I like that I can hang with the guys and that most guys feel comfortable being themselves when I'm around.
20. I used to not connect very well with women at all, but I'm so very glad that I do now.
21. I love it when people remember my name after only meeting me once.
22. I'm horrible at remembering another persons name unless I think they're cute or we hit it off instantly.
23. I have several people that have adopted me into their families throughout my life and it has helped me to recognize that God loves me.
24. I seemed to have had a headache almost every day for the past few years.
25. I tend to sacrifice my feelings and desires to make someone else happy.
26. I love celestial hugs!
27. I love to read out loud when I'm by myself. I even do it in a British or southern accent from time to time.
28. Physical touch is a must for me. I didn't have enough of it growing up.
29. I love to get cards. Birthday, Christmas, Valentine's, etc. with a personal message written inside. I keep every card that's ever been given to me.
30. I crave security.
31. My favorite place to sing is in the car.
32. I can stand up in front of thousands and sing a solo, but standing up in front of my ward congregation to give a talk makes my palms all sweaty and my heart rate go up.
33. I love to laugh and I've been told many times that people love my laugh.
34. I can seem totally serious and introverted to some and loud and playful to others. It just depends on when you catch me.
35. When a baby smiles at me it totally makes my day.
36. I am more a night person than a morning person.
37. I don't do well when I'm micromanaged. I need to be trusted that I'll get the job done or I resent having to do it in the first place.
38. I'm an open & honest person. (if you haven't noticed already) I don't care that it may make people uncomfortable. It's who I am and I have to stay true to that.
39. I secretly crave leadership opportunities.
40. My right hand prefers to be held over my left.
41. I love to take a "no" day every now and than and take a day for myself.
42. I fidget; a lot!
43. I am light sleeper 80% of the time and it drives me crazy.
44. If I could justify blowing what little money I have left over from every paycheck, I would buy a new pair of shoes and a jacket. I <3 both! but seeing as I'm too sensible, I hardly ever purchase anything of the sort for myself.
45. It has been several months since I've purchased an article of clothing for myself.
46. I'm not very fond of wearing earrings. I think they make my ears stand out too much and they already stand out enough as it is.
47. I've worn my blue ctr ring on my right ring finger for almost 4 years and I hardly take it off.
48. I am obsessed with water and drink almost two liters of it every day.
49. Car dancing is a must!
50. Doughnuts disgust me about 360 days out of the year. There are about 5 sparatic days out of the year when I actually want to eat them.
Wow! That is pretty hard. I don't know how I'm going to come up with another 50.....
2 comments:
I'm impressed that you came up with so many on the first shot. That would probably take me weeks!
I'm glad you like her name. This is the first time that we didn't fight over a name before we settled on one. We must be getting better at this!
Good job! I'm going to start on my other 50 soon. Heidi have me a few ideas . . .
Miss you.
Ash
Post a Comment